Call us at
MNCCC is open and accepting new clients. We are still seeing clients in-office; however in light of the COVID-19 situation we also offer online video/tele-therapy sessions. We have a HIPAA compliant tele-therapy platform in place and have been offering online therapy as part of our regular practice for over a year. We will help guide you through the process and assist you in getting set up for online sessions.
To register online click the button below; or contact our office for registration assistance.
Londonderry Office Park
5780 Lincoln Drive #250
Edina, MN 55436
7835 Main Street N. #220
Maple Grove, MN 55369
Intensive Counseling (IC) is confidential, personalized and concentrated therapy. It is effective for individuals or for couples. It is one-on-one therapy in a private office setting, just you, or for you and your partner, along with your therapist. Intensives are designed to help individuals or couples receive concentrated treatment to gain resources and skills, heal, get a clearer direction, and/or make decisions right now!
Sometimes traditional weekly or bi-weekly hour-long sessions are simply not the right format or intensity. Intensive Counseling equals 2-6 months of traditional weekly therapy, depending upon the intensity and frequency.
Intensive Counseling is not covered by insurance plans; therefore the cost for IC would be an
out-of-pocket rate of $150.00/hour. Payment is due at the time of the session.
Clients seek intensive counseling for a variety of reasons. Many couples are experiencing significant distress or crisis in their marriage or relationship. Relationship crises are like serious medical injuries that require immediate and intensive intervention. Some couples are separated or have already started the divorce process. Another common reason couples come to us for help with their relationship problems is that they report that their communication has broken down and there are experiencing challenging conflict cycles the fray away at the relationship. If your marriage or relationship is in trouble, weekly one-hour sessions are sometimes simply not enough.
Whether you are seeking individual intensive counseling or couples intensive counseling, it may be the right treatment for you now!
Intensive Counseling is appropriate for Couples who are:
• Seeking help healing following the discovery of a betrayal such as a sexual/emotional affair or sex/porn addiction
• Experiencing high conflict cycles that are pulling them apart
• Discerning the marriage or relationship (uncertainty about the commitment to stay together) and want to try to figure it out.
• On the brink of divorce- seeking last chance counseling
• Struggling with a recent unexpected trauma or life change
• Unable to make weekly appointments due to distance, work demands or busy schedules
• Interested in working through relationship concerns quickly and efficiently
• Feeling emotionally, intimately & sexually disconnected
• Working through sex/intimacy concerns or crisis’s
• Lacking access to a skilled therapist in their area
Intensive Counseling is appropriate for Individuals who are:
• Experiencing a life crisis and want immediate support and direction
• Struggling with an important decision/dilemma and want professional guidance
• Seeking skills for communication and conflict management
• Working through a current family conflict or family of origin concern
• Seeking dating or relationship coaching/guidance
What to expect in Intensive Counseling:
Intensive Counseling is individualized and customized according to each couple or individual's situation and needs. The initial session is typically a 2 hour intake session to review/complete intake assessments and formulate a treatment plan. During the initial intake session, the therapist will offer a clinical recommendation as to the frequency and intensity of the ongoing counseling sessions. A typical structure of intensive counseling is a 2-4 hour session one to two times weekly; depending upon the client's needs and nature of the issues. The initial session would be a face-to-face in-office session however, ongoing sessions may be conducted in-office or via online tele-therapy. Please contact our office for more details at 763-400-7475 x1.